Disclosure: I was provided the cast iron set by Brylane Home to review and a recipe was not required.
If you guys have been following along, then you know that my son is a very picky eater. Luckily I found a go to dish that every single person in my household likes. This recipe is something that my mom always made for me as a kid and I have continued the tradition with my family. I ended testing out my Homemade Goulash recipe in my new 4pc cast iron set that I got from Brylane Home. This is my first time cooking in cast iron like this and I was very surprised. The first thing that I noticed was that my water boiled much faster than in my normal pots and it was very easy to clean. This set is heavy duty and features even-heating bottoms and sides. It also has excellent heat retention which reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking. This set is oven safe and needs to be handwashed. It’s so beautiful that you can literally go from stove to table as a serving dish.
- 4 cups of pasta
- 1 can of whole tomatoes, you can use diced but I use whole because it's easy for my daughter to pick out
- 1 can of corn drained
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 lb of hamburger meat
- 2-4 tsps of Weber Chicago Steak seasoning, to taste
- 1 tsp Season Salt
- mozzerella cheese
- Brown hamburger meat with 1 tsp of Weber Seasoning. Set aside
- Boil pasta and drain. Put back in pan.
- Add hamburger meat and all of the rest of the ingredients and stir till well blended on low heat. Let simmer on very low heat until hot and bubbly, approximately 20 minutes.
- I then sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top, put the lid on and let it melt.
Optional: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker to keep warm after Goulash is made on the stove top.