When I was a kid, I don’t think you could have got me to touch cauliflower. Now it’s one of my favorites! It looked like white broccoli and I wasn’t eating broccoli either. Luckily, my kids aren’t nearly as picky as I was! There Baked Cauliflower Tots are a great way to get kids (and adults!) to eat their veggies!
This recipe only calls for 4 ingredients and it’s very easy to make! The hardest part with be not eating them all yourself! You have to share!
If you need a way to keep your kiddos to eat more veggies, give this recipe a try. This year I’m trying to start the year off right by eating healthier and including more vegetables. This Baked Cauliflower Tots recipe is a fun way to sneak in those veggies, and it they taste amazing too!
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked cauliflower, about 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs, be sure they are seasoned
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- To prepare the cauliflower, chop and boil florets until soft. These can be larger pieces of cauliflower no need to make them too small. Once slightly soft, drain and finely chop with a knife, or pulse a few times in a food processor until it resembles large course crumbs.
- Add the 3 cups of chopped cauliflower, breadcrumbs, cheese and eggs into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a large spoon until everything is combined.
- Preheat oven to 400F. While oven is preheating, shape cauliflower mixture to form small cylinders that look like tater tots. Make sure to first press the mixture together between your palms before shaping, so that the ingredients stick together better. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and then flip tots over and bake for another 10 minutes. If your tots are larger, you may need to bake longer so that they are crispy. Serve with ketchup or other dipping sauce.