I got a great deal on strawberries this past weekend and needed to figure out something to do with the abundance of strawberries in my refrigerator. Then I remembered I had an amazing recipe for Fresh Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake.
A Perfect Spring Dessert!
Fresh Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe:
- 1 c. butter, salted, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest, approximately 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 c. flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup 7Up, soda
- 12 oz. strawberries, diced, fresh
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside.
- Sift together 2 1/4 c. of flour and baking soda. Mix in the zest of 1 lemon and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time then add the lemon juice. Alternate adding the flour mixture and 7Up, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with 1/4 c. of flour and gently mix into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pant and place in the oven. Reduce temperature to 325 and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Whisk together 1 3/4 tablespoons of lemon juice with the powdered sugar and drizzle over the cake.