When we think of Peanut Butter Blossoms we usually always think of Christmas because that seems to be the only time that we make and eat them. But what sense does that make? They’re too good to wait for an entire year! I don’t know why we do this but there are certain recipes that we only make during a certain time of year. Just like Peanut Butter Balls. Our family has made these every Christmas for as long as I can remember. And for as long as I can remember we’ve only made them at Christmas. Which is really dumb because they’re so, so yummy! Anywho, I’ve decided to break the cycle and make recipes when they’re not supposed to be made! Gasp!! Starting with these delicious Peanut Butter Blossoms cookies.
Can you imagine how great these would be for Easter or a birthday party or just because? Next time you’re in the mood to bake cookies, surprise your family with these yummy Peanut Butter Blossoms!
- 1/2 c. butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 24 Hershey milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with silicone mats or spray with baking spray.
- In a mixer bowl cream together butter, 1/2 c. of the sugar and brown sugar for about 2 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla until combined. Add the baking soda and flour until the dough is soft.
- Using a tablespoon roll the dough into balls then roll into the remaining sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for about 5 minutes before pressing the unwrapped chocolate kisses into the center.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4015Total Fat: 195gSaturated Fat: 91gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 73gCholesterol: 457mgSodium: 2796mgCarbohydrates: 526gFiber: 17gSugar: 307gProtein: 69g
As always I am not a dietician so please do your own homework on nutritionals.
Check out some of our other dessert recipes:
These Peanut Butter Pinwheels Candies are good enough to settle any sweet tooth cravings. They are perfect for gift giving or for any Holiday parties. Make a batch and make someone smile!