You know and I know that anything wrapped in bacon is bound to be delicious. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe was inspired by my friend Wes who is the meat manager at my local Homeland on 2nd and Santa Fe. I love that I can always go to him for some inspiration when I'm having the I feel like I'm cooking the same old thing blues. So we took my husbands meatloaf recipe and gave it a twist. However, if you live in Oklahoma you can stop by and Wes will make you one with his secret Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe!
We used butcher string to hold the bacon on.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (85/20)
- 1 pkg of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pk of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix ground beef, soup mix, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Form loaf
- Wrap in bacon
- Cook 1 hour , temp should be 160 internally
- Tip: Tie butcher string around the loaf to keep the bacon tightly wrapped while cooking