Anybody remember the Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake bars? These No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream Bars are like the grownup version of that sweet treat!
Spring is here and Summer will be here before we know it. I know it’s early, but I’m already trying to be ready with a plan so I don’t go overboard with preservative packed store bought ice cream and snow cones just because they’re easy and I’m hot!
I love that this has only a few simple ingredients. Only 6 in fact: decadent heavy whipping cream, fresh ripe strawberries, crispy graham crackers, sweetened condensed milk, tangy vanilla extract, and oh yum, melted butter makes everything better!
You’re going to puree most of the strawberries. I like to use my food processor, but you can use your blender if you haven’t invested in one yet. You’ll dice up what you have left to use as your topping. Next, Combine your pureed strawberries with the whipped cream, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk. Pour into your graham cracker and butter crust. Then cool until frozen. Preferably overnight, but if you can’t wait it’ll take about 3 hours. Serve and Enjoy!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberries pureed
- 1/2 cup strawberries diced
- 2 packages of graham crackers not boxes, the packs inside the boxes
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Puree strawberries, set aside
- Whip heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until you have thick, stiff peaks.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk, strawberry puree, and vanilla. Set in the freezer to cool a bit.
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor or by hand, making sure there are no large chunks, and mix with melted butter.
- Pour crumbs into a square pan lined with parchment, and press firmly to form a sheet/crust.
- Pour ice cream mixture on top and smooth out. Sprinkle diced strawberries on top of that.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve