Summertime is full swing and the smell of BBQ is in the air. Our family loves to eat BBQ and my wife loves to eat ribs. The only thing is I have never tried to cook ribs on my grill. So when we found out about the “Dibs on my Ribs” recipe contest that Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., McCormick & Company, Kraft Foods, Inc., and the National Pork Board are co-sponsoring, I thought here is my chance.
- 1 slab of Tyson Pork SpareRibs
- 1 4.76oz tub of McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 1 bottle of Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup of Apple juice
- aluminum foil
- Preheat grill to 300 degrees
- Rub your ribs on both sides with the McCormick rub. Make sure ribs are covered on both sides thoroughly
- Place ribs on grill over indirect heat for 30 or until ribs are browned on all sides
- Now we are going to steam the ribs in the apple juice. We are going to do this by making a water tight packet with the foil. Before you seal your ribs in the foil, pour the apple juice in the packet and seal it up tight.
- Put the ribs back on the grill (indirect heat) at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on size of ribs)
- Unwrap ribs and put back on grill at 250 degrees and mop BBQ sauce on top of ribs, close lid and wait 5 minutes
- Turn over and do the same to this side.
- Do at least 2 coats a side
- Take ribs off and let rest before cutting
- Entry period: Now until August 12
- Contest entries are being collected at: Porkbeinspired.com/Dibsonmyribs/
- Eligible entries will be displayed on the site for consumer voting; the “Consumer’s Choice” recipe will be an automatic finalist into the contest.
- 2 categories: Indoor Preparation and Outdoor Preparation
- 3 finalists will be chosen from each category
- Recipes must include:
- A McCormick spice/seasoning
- A Kraft sauce (if a sauce is used in the recipe)
DISCLOSURE**Melissa is part of the WalMart Moms programs. She was compensated for this post. As always the thoughts and opinions are our own