Strawberries have been the fruit of the week in my house! I’m in a food co-op and I never know what I’m going to get each week. This week I got a whole flat of strawberries. So I’ve been looking for new ways to use them. I made strawberry bread for the first time. I’m a huge fan of banana bread, so I thought I would give this a try! It was berry good!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never miss a recipe.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Slice strawberries, and place in medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing bread mixture.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl: mix well. Blend oil, yogurt and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Bake for 35to 40 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out, and cool completely.
*I made mine gluten free by using all purpose gluten free flour and 1 teaspoon of Xantham gum.