This is one of my FAVORITE desserts! I think I could eat the whole thing in one sitting! It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Here are some of my tips for success:
Use wax paper. Don’t even try to do it without. Cut the wax paper to fit your pan perfectly. And grease it up really good!
Use a thin towel covered in a nice layer of powdered sugar. Roll up quickly.
Add filling while it’s still slightly warm. If you wait until it’s completely cooled there are more chances it will crack.
*I made this replacing the flour with gluten-free all purpose flour and it turned out great!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never misss a recipe.
- Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with wax paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
- To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
- While the cake is still warm, carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.