Instant Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken and Broccoli is a great weeknight meal that will have everyone getting their vegetables!
When shopping there are those weeks that I just can’t resist the fresh vegetables at the store! They look great! Then I get them home and wonder how to prepare them all in a meal before they go bad. This Instant Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken and Broccoli calls for so many veggies!
As with any stir fry, the most time consuming part of this meal is chopping those veggies. I get out one large cutting board like this one here, or a couple smaller ones. Don’t forget a large bowl on the counter to collect trash and keep it away from the ingredients.
If you have a second person helping you, put them to work making the Teriyaki sauce! You will toss half of it and the veggies into the Instant Pot, along with the chicken.
Set the Instant Pot to manual and it cooks all this goodness for you! No standing at the stove! After it’s done, shred the chicken and set aside.
You will then saute the rest of the vegetables, and let them absorb the flavors of the chicken from the pan. Keep some water on hand to de-glaze while cooking.
After your stir fry is done, combine all ingredients and serve while hot. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Boneless Skinless, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Red or Yellow Sweet Onion,chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 4 Carrots , Peeled, sliced, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets, fresh or frozen, chopped
- Dash Garlic Salt
- Dash Seasoned Salt
- Dash Seasoned pepper, Or Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, dried
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 cup water
- Green onions, Optional, for garnish
- Make the Teriyaki Sauce: Place soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar and garlic in a sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Mix corn starch with water, and add to sauce and stir until thick. Turn off heat, and set aside
- Turn the Instant Pot to the SAUTE setting, and add the olive oil, and chicken, and Saute the chicken for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, seasoning the chicken with the garlic salt, seasoned salt, and seasoned pepper
- When chicken is golden brown on outer edges, add the rice, water, and half of the Teriyaki Sauce, the garlic and ginger. Put the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks.
- Turn the pressure valve to SEALING, and press MANUAL button, and set the time for 8 minutes. Release pressure when finished.
- When pressure has been released, remove the lid, move the chicken and rice to one side.
- Press the SAUTE button, and add the onion, celery, red pepper, carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts, and drizzle with the Teriyaki Sauce, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir the rest of the set aside ingredients into mix.
- Place on plates or rice bowls, drizzle with Teriyaki sauce if desired, top with green onions and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2238Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 5026mgCarbohydrates: 391gFiber: 20gSugar: 118gProtein: 129g
More Instant Pot Accessories:
- Accessory Bundle Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 9-in Tempered Glass Lid
- Stackable Egg Steamer Trivet Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- Springform Pan Compatible with 6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 3-in-1 Steamer Basket
- Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles
- Bundt Pan and Cheesecake Pan Combo with Trivet/Handles
Want to submit a recipe to be featured?
- Try to use good lighting, we know it won’t be perfect but taking your photo out side on a solid back drop helps. Wood looks amazing by the way.
- Using a solid white plate can help your recipe pop.
- Take several different shots. Including a few step by step photos or one of all the ingredients together or even if you are doing a dessert such a cheesecake trying also taking a photo of a slice by itself.
- Email your photos and complete recipe including directions and ingredients to: Melissa@consumerqueen.com (not all recipes submitted will be featured)
JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
Check out our post on How to Your Instant Pot for Beginners.
This Yummy Low Carb Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecake recipe was submitted by reader: Domnrissa Sandoval
For the coldest days of winter, this Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup for Instant Pot recipe just hits the spot.