Frozen avocados are great for guacamole, smoothies, dips, sandwiches and burger topping, soups, add to pasta recipes, avocado mashed potatoes, and use in many other recipes.
How to freeze an avocado:
- Simply cut it in half and remove and discard the seed.
- Remove the flesh from the skin. You can use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and /or cut diagonal and horizontal lines in the avocado to make scooping the flesh out easier, placing the avacado in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork or even a potato masher depending on the number of avocados you are freezing, until pureed.
- Add 1 Tbsp lemon juice for every 2 avocodos and mix well. Once done place into an air tight freezer friendly container, leaving about 1/2 inch or so room for the avocado to expand with freezing.
- Your pureed avocado will last up to 6 months in your freezer.
New to Aldi?
- Aldi does not accept coupons.
- You’ll need a quarter to get a shopping cart but you’ll get it back when the cart is returned.
- Be sure and bring recycle bags for your groceries.
- Aldi mainly carries their own brands but does have a few national brand items.
- Aldi produce prices are usually the best anywhere.
- I’ve tried many of the Aldi brand items and they are for the most part just as good or better than the national brand.
- How does Aldi sell their products so cheap? Check out our post: The “Truths” About Aldi