From The Queen:
I am a part of the Walmart Moms program and I have been working with Wal-mart over the past few years, along with my fellow Wal-mart Moms, to help them develop this new policy. As part of a new case study, I have been holding coupon classes at my local Walmart. This a huge step and I am very excited about it. I will continue to work with Wal-mart on their coupon policy and I would like to thank all of you for your feedback which I have passed along to Corporate.
Here's what Wal-mart WILL accept:
- Manufacturer's coupons
- Printed at Home coupons (internet or IP coupons)– WILL NOT accept printed at home coupons for items that require no purchase (“free” item coupons). Buy 1, get 1 free coupons require a purchase so these are valid. Coupons MUST be legible, have “manufacturer's coupon” written on it, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date and a bar code that is scannable.
- Competitor's coupons that feature a SPECIFIC ITEM FOR A SPECIFIC PRICE. For example, a coupon that says: Kelloggs Cornflakes $2.99. This is like price matching from a competitor's ad. They WILL NOT accept any other store coupons that say, for example: $.50/1 Tide or 50% off Tide.
- Competitor's “Check Out Coupons” or catalinas (YAY!). They MUST be legible, have “manufacturer's coupon” written on them with specific requirements, a valid remit address for the manufacturer on them, a valid expiration date and a scannable bar code.
- Soft drink container caps
Wal-mart WILL NOT accept:
- Print at home internet coupons that require no purchase.
- Other competitors store coupons for dollar or cents off a product, percent off a product, buy 1 get 1 free, or double-triple off. To make this clear NO Store coupons from other places will be accepted unless they are for a specific item at a specific price. For example: you have a coupon for Tide liquid detergent and the coupon states it is to be sold for $5.99. Wal-mart will then take the coupon and sell you the Tide for $5.99.
Wal-mart Guidelines and Limitations:
- Limit 1 coupon per item
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be used prior to expiration
- Coupons MAY EXCEED THE PRICE OF THE ITEM. Change may be given or applied towards the cost of the basket purchase.
- We only accept coupons for the merchandise we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor or Management approval:
40 or more coupons
Any coupon over $20.00
$50.00 or more in coupons in a single transaction
Hopefully this will clear up Wal-mart's coupon policy for everyone. I'm so excited about the accepting of other store's catalina coupons and the overage policy! Wal-mart is being very generous in a time when a lot of stores are changing their coupon policies to allow less and less deals to be had. We ask that you respect their coupon policy and play by the rules so they won't take anything away:)
To view the new coupon policy click HERE.