Easy Ravioli with Cajun Chicken
We're almost halfway through the year, and I've been thinking about how I'm doing on a couple of my New Year's resolutions. Eating healthier and spending more time with my family were near the top of my list. Now, I'm in no way saying this Easy Ravioli is a “healthy” dish, but it is easy! And that means that it gets me out of the kitchen and into the family room. My solution- I pair it with a green salad and veggies! It's got a nice flavor with it's cajun seasoning. Feel free to add a little extra, and kick it up a notch if you like it spicy! Plus, anything I make in my kitchen is bound to have less preservatives and added sugar than eating out so I'm counting that as not only a money saver but a healthier option too.
Someone once told me to live 80/20. 80% actual healthy good for you choices: spirituality, food, exercise, beauty, AND cleaning products. The other 20% of your life choices- well, just realize that you're a busy person. When tired and lazy win- that does not mean healthy lost! It just means it was a 20% day. And sometimes our 80/20 may look more like 60/40, but don't give up and just maybe one day we'll be 90/10!
More Recipes | Gluten Free | Slow Cooker Meals | Kitchen Deals
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Easy weeknight Pasta Dish.
- 2 chicken breast cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 bag of cheese ravioli
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- 1 C shredded mozzarella
- cajun seasoning to taste
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil
- Add seasoning to the chicken
- Add chicken to a large skillet and cook
- Add ravioli to boiling pot of water
- Using another large skillet, add pasta sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, and some basil.
- Place sauce skillet onto the stove on low heat
- Once pasta is cooked, place into the sauce as well as the chicken and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the rest of the basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 816Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 4888mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 102g
As always I am not a dietician so please do your own homework on nutritional.