We've had many requests on how to create a functional and organized coupon binder so we decided to make a short video on how to put your coupons together for easy and less stressful shopping.
You need three basic items to create a coupon binder:
- One 3 inch ringed binder ($7.28)
- At least 2 packs of clear plastic baseball card holders – 35 sheets per pack, 9 pockets per page for a total of 315 pockets to store coupons in. You can find the holders with the baseball cards near some of the registers or if they have a special section for trading cards you can find them there.
- At least 3 packs of 8-ct. divider tabs. I suggest dividers with tabs you can write on instead of the plastic clear ones you slide paper into. The paper tends to fall out and the plastic tabs can get stuck on your baseball card holders.
- Baby ( diapers, wipes, formula, baby shampoo etc.)
- Baking ( cake mixes, baking powder, baking soda, frosting etc.)
- Beverages (soda, water, coffee, tea, kool-aid, juice etc.)
- Bread and Crackers (frozen, fresh, mixes, refrigerated, saltines etc.)
- Canned (Chef Boyardee, soup etc.)
- Candy ( any candy, gum etc.)
- Cereal ( hot cereals, cereal, cereal bars etc.)
- Cookies & Snack Crackers
- Condiments ( mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, salt, pickles, peanut butter, salad dressing etc.)
- Dairy ( butter, sour cream, yogurt, cream cheese, eggs, milk etc.)
- Frozen (ice cream, frozen dinners, frozen pizza etc.)
- HBA (health & beauty)
- Make-up (cosmetics and facial care items)
- Meat ( frozen , canned and fresh)
- Medicine (pain relievers, band aids etc.)
- Misc. ( light bulbs, batteries, air fresheners etc.)
- Paper ( toilet tissue, paper towels, foil, napkins, paper plates, plastic bags etc.)
- Pasta ( pasta and pasta sauce, rice)
- Pets ( food, treats, toys, flea and tick medications)
- Produce (fresh, frozen & canned)
- Snacks ( chips, popcorn, fruit snacks, pudding cups etc.)
Another good binder we recommend is the Case-It Binder which zips completely up. It is worth the extra money because it's durable and will last a long time. It has all kinds of hidden pockets and compartments for storing your ads, scissors, coupon policies and more. You can get them on Amazon below.
If you have any questions just post them here! Check out Lesson 2: Organizing and storing your coupons.