I never knew that you could make your own almond milk! And all it takes is almonds and water! If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. It's easy, cheaper than buying store bought and probably better for you as well!
- 1 cup whole raw almonds (not toasted or roasted, etc)
- 3 – 4 cups water, more if desired
- a pinch of salt
- honey, to taste
- Vanilla, to taste
- Soak the almonds overnight in enough water to cover them.
- Drain from the water.
- Put in blender with 3-4 cups of water.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Line a colander with a linen cloth. Place a bowl under it. Pour the milk into the cloth. The cloth will catch all of the left over almond pieces.
- Add a pinch of salt. You can sweeten it with some honey and vanilla if you want.
- That's it! Pretty easy!
- Don't just throw away the left over almond pieces. That's delicious almond meal. Put it on a baking tray and stick it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes to dry it out. Almond meal is great for baking! Delicious and nutritious!