This New Potatoes with Sweet Brown Onions recipes is the perfect side dish for any Holiday meal or family dinner! This is actually one of the dishes I got to create while I was at the Smuckers blogger event. I hope our New Potatoes with Sweet Brown Onions recipe will become a new tradition in your home.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 24 new potatoes (about 2 oz. each), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/3 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- • 1/4 tsp. salt
- • 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Cut potatoes in half. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Place in prepared pan, cut-side down. Roast 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over with cut-side up. Roast an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- HEAT onions, preserves, bacon, balsamic vinegar, allspice and salt in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- PLACE potatoes on serving platter. Spoon onion mixture on top of potatoes. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.