How many of you love to use those Wallflower Bulbs from Bath and Body works but you hate it when they discontinue your favorite scent? Well, I have found a way to reuse these babies with what ever scent you want. You can even use them with your favorite essential oil as long as you dilute it. I still prefer my diffuser method but for those that are stuck on the plug- in’s, I have found a solution for you.
I love being able to choose my own scents and know exactly what is going in to my house and what my family will be breathing in. These also make great gifts for the holidays and your friends will definitely be asking you how you did it. Now let’s get down to business. I have included everything you need to have in order to make this. If you’re going to use essential oils you will just need to choose your favorite scent. I have also included all instructions with photos below.
Fragrance oil or Essential Oils
Empty Wallflower Bulbs
Pliers (or other flat tool)
1. Begin by taking your empty bulb and your pliers (I used needle nose or a knife) and running it along the plastic edge of the top of the bulb where the wick is.
2. Gently loosen the wick and pull it free but DO NOT pull it out of its plastic covering. You want the entire plastic tip to pop out with the wick still in it.
3. Next, Clean out any residue left in your bulb. Wash the wick with warm water and squeeze out any access and blot with a paper towel. This will get any leftover residue left on the wick out.
Fill the bulb with the 10 drops of your favorite essential oil of your choice then fill the rest of the way with water. Shake carefully. (Make sure you leave room for the wick to be reinserted)
4. Take your plastic tip and wick you popped out and place it back in the bottle, giving it an extra push until it clicks in firmly.
5. Twist into your wall plugin and you have a new wallflower!
Note: I am not responsible for any leakage or spills, as always with any DIY project, try this at your own risk,
Now you can feel great about using your plugins with chemical free fragrances. Some of my favorite essential oils are orange, citrus fresh, lime and a combination of Thieves and Lemon to cleanse my house.
Something else that is important is making sure the essential oils you use are PURE. The FDA says you only have to have 5-10% pure oil in your bottle to slap pure on the label so make sure you read your labels carefully. It’s one of the reasons I only use Young Living Essential Oils.
CHECK OUT MORE ESSENTIAL OIL POSTS
Check out my 5 Easy DIY Essential Oil Beauty Recipes to change up your beauty routine and add more natural products! If you’re a fan of Young Living Essential Oils like me this is a must read! Did you know you could make your own beauty products?
This project is for our furry loved one’s. This natural dog shampoo is to get your pet squeaky clean without all of the harsh chemicals. It’s quick and easy, literally anyone can make it!