If you’re needing a Low Carb Starbucks Drink Idea, see these menu options below.
Whether you’re starting a new plan to get healthier, or just trying to avoid those carb laden treats when you’re running errands, you CAN enjoy lower carb snacks and drinks!
Why Know Your Low Carb Starbucks Drinks:
As my family and I have done low carb eating plans over the years, the down side is always the eating out! Honestly we don’t eat out as much when we are focusing on staying healthy– that’s a given.
However, if we are meeting friends, on the road, or just have a day full of errands, packing a lunch doesn’t make sense whatsoever. So, we eat out. And the menu options are loaded with carbs and fat. You get the idea.
This gave me the idea of having a handy list of low carb treats I could order at Starbucks (a frequent drink stop if my husband and I are running errands)!
What to Order:
First, lets all agree that our Starbucks Baristas work extremely hard and we don’t want to make their jobs harder! The goal of this post is NOT to add crazy menu ideas and concoctions that will have them shaking their heads and wish people would just order stuff offered on the menu! 🙂
Instead, be ready with your order and know what Starbucks already offers. Take a look at their menu online here to decide on a new low-carb option! Or, have it ready to go on your mobile order! 🙂
Sugar Free Syrups:
They do have 2 Sugar Free Syrups, Vanilla and Cinnamon Dulce. So if you’re just going for a coffee with a little flavoring, asking for one of these syrups is a good starting point. You can put a sugar free syrup with Hot Coffee, Teas, or Lattes and have minimal sugar/carbs.
Hot Low Carb Starbucks Drink Ideas:
Explore the Hot Tea Menu:
Starbucks’ Teas have no added sugar off the menu. Even if you’re not a tea person this is a good time to try one out! Of course you can add sugar-free sweetener if you’re more of a sweet tea fan.
Can’t give up the Chai Tea Latte? Good News. The menu offers a Chai Tea, which has 0g of sugar vs. the 42g of sugar in their Chai Latte. That’s a huge difference!
Order a Chai Tea and add a sugar free sweetener and some half and half or heavy cream!
Even better, you can try their much larger menu of Black Teas or Herbal Teas. Seasonally they even have flavors like Peppermint. Add a Sugar Free Syrup and a small amount of heavy cream for richness!
COFFEE DRINKS WITH NO SUGAR ADDED
To keep things simple when ordering a coffee with no sugar (or low carbs), we recommend starting with the brewed coffee menu. Remember you can get any brewed coffee either hot or iced!
Brewed coffees have 0g of sugar per their menu. So for a low carb option we vote for choosing one of these beverages. While the skinny lattes and opting for almond milk are great ideas to trim calories, you still end up with more sugar and carbs in the end if you choose a handcrafted beverage on the menu.
How to Customize a Low Carb Drink:
- Add extra heavy cream for richness
- Espresso Shots don’t add any carbs or sugar, so go for it!
- Don’t be afraid to add an extra pump (or three) of Sugar Free Vanilla or Cinnamon Dolce Syup. Remember, if you’re adding extra espresso shots, you will need that extra sweet flavoring to tone it down.
A Few Options to Order from around the internet:
- Pink Drink: Grande Iced Passion Tango Tea + 4 pumps of sugar-free syrup, 1 oz heavy cream. (100 calories and 1 grams carb)
- Low Carb Caffè Misto: Grande with almond milk (37 calories and 1.5 grams carbs)
- Low Carb Mocha: Grande Skinny Mocha with sugar-free skinny mocha syrup and equal parts heavy cream and water. (117 calories & 13.5 grams carbs)
- Sopressata salami and Monterey Jack Snack Tray (where available)
- Moon Cheese (in the deli/pre-packaged foods) (220 calories and 0 carbs)
Hope this post inspires you to explore some new Starbucks menu options, and you can find a low carb beverage that you love! Do you have a favorite Starbucks low carb option? We would love for you to leave it in the comments below!
See more from Consumer Queen Here:
Looking for some yummy Keto recipes? Check out all of our low carb recipes!
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
- Eggland’s Best Large Eggs $1 at Homeland!
- Arm & Hammer Complete Care Toothpaste $1.48!
- Luvs Diapers $4.97 at Walmart!
- Calvin Klein Bralettes Only $7 Shipped!
- CoverGirl Cosmetics as Low as FREE