Craving those good ol’ State Fair Foods?? Good news, your favorite fair food is going to be available soon! See below for details.
State Fair Foods- Coming Up!
As most of us in Oklahoma have probably heard by now, the 2020 State Fair has been cancelled. While this is sad news– and many of us look forward to the State Fair as a kickoff to fall– we know it’s wise to continue to social distance at this time.
The good news is that you don’t have to wait an entire year for your favorite State Fair Foods! We are seeing quite a few locations you can still get those delicious, and oh-so-unhealthy State Fair Classics.
The biggest event yet is coming up August 20-23 right at the Oklahoma State Fair Grounds, at the OK State Fair To Go event! Several food vendors will be set up in front of the Bennett Event Center, and all food is packaged to go!
- Thursday, Aug. 20: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 21: noon to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22: noon to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 23: noon to 6 p.m.
Our tips for State Fair Food Events:
Make sure to plan for a line- since this is an event only lasting a few days, there will be much longer lines that you’re used to at the regularly scheduled fair. Bring a lawn chair, and maybe even an umbrella! If you’re bringing small kids, go ahead and load up the stroller so they won’t have to stand and wait.
More Fair Food!!
I’ve been following the Silver Dollar Concessions Facebook page, and they’ve already had a few pop up events! The only downside to this is that some lines can be long, so plan ahead and make the trip out to purchase some of their cinnamon rolls when you have a little while to wait.
Some lines have been VERY LONG, but I waited no more than 20 minutes for my order. So, go early and make sure you follow their Facebook page for more pop-ups.
AND, be sure to follow the OK State Fair social media pages for more info on other vendors!
If you want more opportunities for State Fair favorites, Silver Dollar Concessions will be at the Movie Nights in August event at the OSU-OKC campus, August 8th and 15th, opening at 7pm. See details and register on their page.
- Corn Dogs $6
- Funnel Cakes $6
- Toppings $1 each
- Curly frys. $5
- Loaded frys.$8 & $9
- Cotton Candy. $5
- Sno cones. $5
- Popcorn $5
- Fried snickers $6
- Fried oreos. $6
- Fried cheese on a stick $5
- Cold drinks. $2 (Soda, bottled water, lemonade, iced tea)
- iPhone 5 Pack Charging Cables ONLY $8 After Code (Reg. $19!) – 4 Colors!
- Aldi Finds 8/12/20 – Grapes, Kiwi, Oranges & More
- Memory Foam Gel Pillow ONLY $20.99 – Ships Free for Cardholders (Reg. $50!)
- Old Navy Shorts for the Whole Family (as Low as $3.00) – Today Only!
- Cooks 6 Piece Stockpot Set ONLY $26.24 at JCPenney (Reg. $60!)