This Crock Pot Rosemary And Thyme Pot Roast is perfect for any weeknight dinner and so easy to make. Just set it and forget it.
I grew up eating Pot Roast and veggies for almost every Sunday dinner. And it always included a homemade dessert. It was my favorite meal then and still is! I remember Mom getting up earlier than the rest of us so that she could prep all the food and get it in the oven to cook all morning while we were at church. We came home to the wonderful aroma of a pot roast just waiting to be devoured!
I, unfortunately, am not so great about getting up super early to make meals so when I came across this recipe for Crock Pot Rosemary And Thyme Pot Roast I was thrilled! Because I love anything I can make in my crock pot! The veggies can also be peeled and cut ahead of time so that when you’re ready to make it, they’re ready to go.
If you are on a low carb diet or doing Keto you can simply leave out the carrots and potatoes and add some roasted brussels sprouts, cauliflower or broccoli. Even a side salad you would go great with this recipe.
Using my slow cooker/ crockpot has saved me so much money because when I know I have a busy day I can set it in the morning and I am not scrambling at the last minute cooking processed foods or eating out.
If you’re looking for a delicious pot roast that’s full of flavor then this is the recipe for you! This Recipe is part of our Aldi Five Day Slow Cooker Meal Plan.
Click the highlighted blue links below for more recipes!
- 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
SEASONING MIX -
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Mix all of the ingredients for the seasoning mix in a bowl and set aside.
- Coat both sides of meat with olive oil and sprinkle about a third of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then place roast in slow cooker.
- Place all of the vegetables in a large bow and coat with olive oil .Then Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning mix.
- Add veggies to slow cooker and pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687 Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 208mg Sodium: 1636mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 63g
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $22.31Was: $29.99