I am loving these Instant Pot recipes since it’s so hot right now and I don’t want to heat up my kitchen! See my new Instant Pot Asian Chicken Wings Recipe for a delicious dinner at home this week.
Instant Pot Asian Chicken Wings Recipe
This recipe is made in the Instant Pot, one of my favorite kitchen appliances year around.
For summer cooking, nothing is worse than heating up the house making dinner when we all just want to relax in the air conditioning! So with the Instant Pot we can have a hot dinner without the oven being on for hours.
Most of these ingredients will be in the pantry already, so this is a great meal to add on to your menu without picking up a lot of extra stuff at the store. (My favorite kind of recipe!) You may need to pick up Sesame Oil and Hoisin Sauce if you don’t do a lot of Asian dishes at home. I did get some from my local Asian market a while back, but it should also be on the shelf at most large grocery stores as well.
Just toss all ingredients in the instant pot, wisk together and add chicken last. You will set the Instant Pot for 15 minutes. This does not include the time to heat up/come up to pressure. So add about 5-10 minutes onto your cooking time to allow for this.
After the chicken is cooked in the Instant Pot, just remove and line up wings on a lined baking sheet. You will broil for 3 minutes in the oven so the sauce can caramelize and give a nice crispy texture.
These work for a main dish or appetizer, and can go with so many sides whether you’re trying to stay low carb and just have them with veggies, or have kiddos who want rice. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP! Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to Pinterest. You can follow us on Pinterest too. If you have good photography and want your recipe featured here please email us at [email protected]
Print Your Recipe Below!
Instant Pot Asian Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger powdered or fresh
- Steps 1-3: Add sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar to Instant Pot.
- Step 4: Add white sugar.
- Steps 5-8: Add brown sugar, ginger, sesame seeds and garlic.
- Step 9: Add hoisin sauce.
- Step 10: Whisk ingredients together.
- Steps 11-12: Add chicken wings and toss in mixture.
- Step 13: Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set timer for 15 minutes. Close lid and make sure it is off the venting function.
- Step 14: Add wings to a baking sheet and place in over under broiler for 3 minutes. Turn and broil an additional 3 minutes.
- Step 15: Take wings from oven and serve with celery, dressing of choice or eat them just like they are. So good!
I used thawed wings.