This Slow Cooker Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler with Red Hots is Nana's family recipe and one of my husbands favorites.
Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler:
Family recipes that have been passed down can be a beautiful tradition. My husband and I were married in 1995 and I knew right away that I had gained an amazing second family.
I love close families and Daniel's family has family get togethers all the time, and of course every get together is surrounded by mounds of amazing food and recipes.
One of those recipes that are near and dear to my heart is grandma Margaret's (aka Ma-Mar as the grand kids call her) Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler with Red Hots.
This was literally a staple at every get together and I was so excited when my mother-in law found the recipe after Ma-Mar had passed away. We decided to play with the recipe a little bit to see if we could turn it into a Crock–Pot Slow Cooker recipe and it worked!
TIP: Adding a dish towel between the lid and dish as you cook, will really help the texture of your Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler with Red Hots turn out amazing!
Other Uses for This Recipe:
When there's leftovers, we're not beyond having it the next morning instead of eggs, but I believe this would serve up beautifully for a special breakfast. Oh! I can already picture this laid out in my Crock–Pot® slow cooker on Christmas morning! Holding back the ice cream of course, LOL! You can make up your own fresh whipped cream, and can add some to your coffee or hot chocolate for your little ones too. Oh Yum!
If you've never made your own you're really missing out. Just put your metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for ten minutes or until they're nice and cold, then place 2 Tbsp sugar into the bottom of the bowl, add 1 cup heavy whipping cream, and whisk until you have still peaks. You can spoon into a cake decorator bag and pipe onto each serving.
However, I'm usually trying to save on time and clean up so I just use a ziploc bag and cut the corner off. Then it's straight to the trash when I'm done. Easier still use two spoons and go straight from the bowl!
SHORT CUT IDEA (only 3 ingredients):
If you don't have time to make the crust from scratch you can substitute two cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls. Just take a can and cut the cinnamon rolls into fourths and layer the bottom of the slower cooker. Sprinkle some pecans.
Add your cherry cinnamon mixture then take the 2nd can of cinnamon rolls and also cut it into fourths and layer it on the top. Sprinkle pecans. Cook on low for 2 hours and pour frosting over the top when it's done.
- 2 cans of cherry pie filling
- 2 cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler with Red Hots Recipe:
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup red hots
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbs brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed cold
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbs milk
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- add cherry pie filling and red hots to crockpot
- combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- add 3 tbs brown sugar and 1/2 cup pecans
- add 1/4 cup butter cubed
- add egg and milk and mix till all flour is combined (add more milk if necessary)
- add flour to surface and roll out dough ( approx 16 x 10 1/2) Dough will be sticky
- Brush dough with melted butter
- Sprinkle on remaining pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Roll up your dough and cut in to 1/2 inch slices.
- Place on top.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 25mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 3g
Update Information: This post was originally published on ConsumerQueen.com October 25th, 2016 and was sponsored by Crock Pot. Updated 10/21/19.
Original disclosure: This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® Brand, but all thoughts are my own.
More Crock Pot Items from Amazon:
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker
- 3 Pc Buffet Server
- Slow Cooker Liners
- Slow Cooker Seasoning Mixes
- Standing Soup Ladle
- Top CVS Deals | Weekly Ad Matchups 12/10 – 12/16
- Edible Arrangements | 15% Off + Free Delivery!
- Bath & Body Works | Latest Deals & Offers
- FREE Key From MinuteKey at the Kiosk
- Disney Insiders | FREE Points Everyday Thru December 31st
See More Slow Cooker Recipes Here:
More Holiday Favorites
- Eggnog Cake Recipe Bundt Cake
- Savory Oyster Cracker Recipe
- Candy Cane Kisses Puppy Chow
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe- Tuxedo
- Easy Peppermint Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Cake Mix Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: With Cake Mix!
- Festive Cranberry Orange Chex Mix Recipe
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- Buckeye Candies