This Chocolate Zucchini Bread was so good! So good that I had a hard time sharing it with the rest of my family! Even my picky eaters liked it!
I admit it, I was a picky eater when I was a child too. I survived mostly off of cereal, salad, pasta and chicken. It wasn’t until I got married that I started to broaden my taste buds. Now, I’m in love with summer veggies! You can sneak zucchini into just about anything….the proof is this bread. My kids had no idea there were hidden vegetables in their treat! And one slice with calm that late night sweet tooth!
Make a loaf and Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup vegtable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Grate the zucchini, using a medium sized grater, and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until well blended (about 2 minutes). Fold in the grated zucchini. Add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan bake for about 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and cool completely.