If you're looking for a Low Country Boil recipe, try this easy Frogmore Stew Low Country Boil.
Sheet Pan Low Country Boil
Frogmore Stew is also known as a Low Country Boil, Beaufort Stew, Low Country Stew, and even just a plain shrimp boil.
Depending on which coastal city you're in the name may change. And one or two ingredients, but the concept is the same: Throw everything in a pot of well seasoned water until perfectly cooked!
Remove those tasty ingredients and dump them right onto a newspaper. This method is perfect for serving large crowds, and it allows everyone to eat with their hands!
Squeeze lemon juice over fresh shrimp and spicy sausage and dip them in extra butter for more flavor.
A Smaller Version:
The Sheet Pan version is perfect for my family, since my crowd is slightly smaller than a village.
I start off boiling my potatoes in water with a spoonful of chicken base or I salt the water a bit. After 5-7 minutes I add in my corn for another 5-7 minutes. Then drain well before spreading potatoes, corn, sausage, and (thawed and drained, if using frozen) shrimp.
Be sure to use thawed and drained shrimp. Otherwise you'll end up with water in the bottom of your pan instead of just your seasoned butter sauce.
Before you pop it into the oven, evenly coat your pieces with your seasoned butter sauce with a basting brush. Just 1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning is flavorful and not spicy in the least. If you like a bit of spice you'll want to add another teaspoon of seasoning, or more! If you have Tony's Creole Seasoning on hand, that will work too.
Bake at 400° 12-15 minutes.
This recipe makes a great option if you're looking for something fun to serve up during Mardi Gras. It's fun to eat and will be a family favorite with all of the flavors!
Optional Side Dishes:
If you're wondering about sides, you can add a salad, a side of rice, dinner rolls, or just about anything to go along with this dish.
If you're not accustomed to cooking Cajun dishes, I would recommend adding one of the Zatarains options like the Red Beans and Rice or Jambalaya. You can find these in the grocery store and cook them right on the stove, in about 30 minutes. If you have an Instant Pot, set to manual for about 20 minutes with all the ingredients inside. Don't use the Rice setting, since it will end up half cooked! Just manual and quick pressure release. Your red beans and rice will be done just in time for your Low Country Boil.
Print Your Sheet Pan Low Country Boil Recipe Below:
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1 pound baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 3 ears corn, each broken or cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 heaping Tablespoon minced garlic or 4 cloves minced
- 1-2 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined tails ON
- 1 12.8-ounce package smoked andouille sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for squeezing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional
- Chicken broth for boiling water, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling chicken broth (or salted water,) cook potatoes until just tender and parboiled, about 10-13 minutes.
- Stir in corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking time; drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Place potatoes, corn, shrimp and sausage in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Stir in butter mixture and brush on evenly.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and corn is tender.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges, garnished with chopped parsley, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 2967Total Fat 172gSaturated Fat 69gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 81gCholesterol 1322mgSodium 13369mgCarbohydrates 191gFiber 24gSugar 27gProtein 177g
As always I am not a dietician so please do your own homework on nutritional.
See More from Consumer Queen Here:
- New lululemon Deals: Holiday Savings
- Disney Insiders | FREE Points Everyday Thru December 31st
- FREE 8×10 Photo at Walgreens
- Aldi Finds This Week
- Walgreens Photo Deals| Discounts, Codes & Freebies