The other day I was at my friends house visiting with her while our kids played. Her house smelled like fresh baked muffins and that’s what started our conversation. I found out that she makes breakfast for her children every morning. My kids get cereal. They don’t complain but I’m sure the would like a hot breakfast more often. So I took on the challenge. I decided I would make my children a hot breakfast a couple times a week!
I was able to test out some products from Good Cook. In my package was this fun Whoopie Pie Pan.I got to thinking ( that’s a dangerous thing at times!) The Whoopie Pie Pan was the perfect size for making egg patties for breakfast sandwiches. I gave it a try and the results were even better than anticipated!
The pan worked perfect! They made the perfect sized portion and it fit perfectly on a biscuit or English muffin. And best part is that it’s non-stick so the egg patties just came right out without putting up a fight!
I made enough for the rest of the week. Now all we have to do is heat them up and the kiddos get a hot breakfast! Mission Accomplished!
Here’s my recipe for my Easy Breakfast Egg Sandwich. Feel free to experiment with it and find out what you like. If you do not have the Nonstick Whoopie Pie Pan ( Even though I highly recommend it!) you can try using a muffin pan. Just fill it up only about 1/3 of the way.
- (Makes 3 but you can double or triple to meet your needs)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of peppers, ham, cheese, mushrooms, onions..etc (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 slices of Bacon, each slice cut into thirds and cooked
- 3 slices of Cheese
- 3 Biscuits or English Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and milk. Then stir in the toppings if desired.
- Pour 1/3 of the egg mixture into the Whoopie Pie Pan cavity, repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, check to make sure eggs are cooked through.
- Assemble your sandwich by placing the egg patty on the biscuit with the cheese slice and then the bacon. Top with remaining half of biscuit.
Disclosure: I am a Good Cook Kitchen Expert and I was given these products for review. All opinions are my very own!