When you think of a warm, homemade blueberry muffin in the morning, these Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffins are the ones we think of! This super simple recipe is my new go-to recipe for blueberry muffins. It’s so easy that my 8 year old and 3 year old boys were able to help me make a batch this morning!
The sour cream keeps these muffins deliciously moist and I love that it uses real butter instead of vegetable or canola oil. So whip up a batch of these yummy muffins, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the simple deliciousness of a warm Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffin! These are great for mid-day snacks, too!
You can’t go wrong with these blueberry muffins so be sure to print this recipe!
- 2 c. flour
- 1 Tblsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 Tblsp. butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl until well beaten. Add the sugar and whisk quickly until thick. Add half of the meted butter, whisk well then add the other half whisking well. Add the half of the sour cream, whisk until just combined then add the other half of the sour cream, whisk until just combined.
- Add the blueberries to the flour mix and gently toss then pour into the sour cream mixture. Fold gently together until the batter comes together. Batter will be thick. Do not overmix.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins then bake 25-30 minutes or until muffins are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.