You had me at cream cheese frosting…but throw in fresh blackberries and I’m in heaven!
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blackberry puree
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth, remove from heat and cool until lukewarm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Stir in blackberry puree.
- On low speed, beat in 1/3 of dry ingredients, then half of milk. Repeat, ending with last third of dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on racks.
- Frost and Enjoy!
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blackberry puree
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and blackberry puree.
- Put it on cupcakes...or eat it by the spoonful when no ones looking!