One of our favorite warm-weather treats is sherbet so to come across such a great recipe was exciting for all of us! I love that this recipe can be customized to whatever flavors we want at the time. Not only does it taste delicious but it’s pleasing to the eye as well. Who wouldn’t want to dig into a colorful bowl of rainbow sherbet? This would be perfect for birthday parties, BBQ’s and holidays! I’m thinking this summer will be filled with many different flavors of 4 Ingredient Homemade Rainbow Sherbet! What are your favorite sherbet flavors?
- Junket Ice Cream Mix (I found it in the Jell-O section of my store or you can find it here)
- 1 ¼ cups milk (whole works best)
- ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- Jell-O flavors of your choice (I used Berry Blue, Orange, Raspberry, Lime)
- In a Mixing bowl stir in the Junket Ice Cream Mix with 1/ 1/4 cups of whole milk and 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until fully combined
- Pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan or small 9×5 pan and freeze until it is firm.
- Using a butter knife carefully separate the cream into chunks, then put the chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat the chunks until smooth
- Evenly separate the vanilla ice cream into the four bowls using a spatula.
- Put ½ – 1 tablespoon of the different Jell-O powder flavors in each bowl and gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Try and do this as fast as possible to prevent melting
- Put the 4 different ice cream flavors in a container that can be sealed
- Using the back of a spoon or your spatula carefully connect the 4 different piles of ice cream so they freeze as 1 piece.
- Freeze for another 1-2 hours to allow to fully set.