These M&M Cookie Dough Truffles are so yummy and perfect to take for parties!
When I was a kid I loved to help my mom make cookies. We would make a treat every Sunday night. My husband’s family always baked a cake and had popcorn! In my family we would switch it up. Sometimes we would have popcorn, nachos, brownies, cinnamon rolls…..but I always loved Mom’s cookies. The best part was we when she would let me lick the spoon and scrape the bowl! I would lick that bowl clean!
Luckily I never got sick from my cookie dough adventures! These truffles satisfy my craving for cookie dough and I feel safe letting my kids lick the spoon! They are easy to make and great to take a long to any party! I can almost guarantee you won’t be bringing home any leftovers if you take these M&M Cookie Dough Truffles!
The other day I was in Walmart doing my weekly grocery shopping. My 3-year old shopper buddy spotted the M&M’s and wanted them so badly I could not resist! I love the classic Milk Chocolate M&M’s. I knew that they would be great in my truffles! I was right! My children loved them! The best part since M&Ms are so colorful you can customize them for any birthday party or holiday!
I hope you enjoy these M&M Cookie Dough Truffles as much as my family does!
For more fun ideas check out M&M’s Bright Ideas website. It’s full of fun recipes!
Roll the dough into balls, place on wax paper and chill in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate M&Ms
- chocolate candy coating
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Once that is combined slowly mix in the flour and then the salt.
- Gently fold in the M&M's. If using a stand mixer, fold in the M&Ms by hand.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with wax paper. Roll the truffle dough into small balls and place on the cookie sheet. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour or until cooled.
- Melt chocolate candy coating according to directions.
- Roll the truffle balls in the melted chocolate candy coating and then put them back on the wax paper to cool and harden.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat!