This cake is perfect for when you're craving a dessert but don't have a cake mix or brownie mix in the pantry! See this easy Hot Fudge Cake recipe!
Hot Fudge Cake from Scratch
Any cake that makes it's own sauce has to be awesome! This is one of my husband's favorite desserts. His Mom made it for him growing up and now it's my turn! It' pretty easy to make and the ingredients are common so they should be in your pantry.
This is one of those “molten” cake recipes which is perfect if it's eaten immediately with a scoop of ice cream. The recipe doesn't require a mix, so it's an easy one to throw together if someone decides they want dessert at the last minute! 🙂
How to Make:
You first make the batter and pour it into the pan. Use a 9×9 square dish, a 9″ round cake pan, or whatever type you prefer. This recipe isn't going to make a lot of batter, so if you are needing a larger sized cake I would double the recipe. The cake won't turn out properly in a Bundt pan, so definitely go for the flat baking dish for this one!
After you are done mixing up your batter, make a mixture of brown sugar and cocoa in a separate small bowl. Sprinkle that on top of the batter.
Then, pour hot water over the top...do not mix!!
Set it gently in your prepared oven. After you bake it there was be delicious hot fudge at the bottom of the pan which forms on its own. YUM!
Serving Your Hot Fudge Cake:
Serve the cake in a bowl, add some ice cream on top and then spoon some of the hot fudge over top….it's heavenly!! This cake also works as a nice base for sundaes. You can serve with nuts, ice cream toppings and more. Print your recipe below!
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook as well for more recipes!
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 6 T. cocoa, divided
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 c. hot water
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 T. cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread into an ungreased 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over the top but do not stir!
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream or ice cream!
*I made this using substituting the flour with all purpose gluten free flour and it turned out great!
- Stouffers Mac & Cheese $2.27!
- 3 Tier Rolling Carts Just $22.49 at Michael's – 11 Colors
- Best Buy Deals | Sales & Daily Deals
- December Free Food Deals!
- Sperry Deals: Duck Boot Sale Today Only!
See more recipes here: