I was craving something pumpkin and this is what I came up with! It’s my first attempt at making Whoopie Pies and it was a success! The combination of pumpkin, cream cheese and caramel is heavenly.You won’t have any complaints if you bring these along to a party!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Caramel Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of batter into each Whoopie Pie Pan cavity.
- Bake for 12 Minutes.
- To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, caramel, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
- After the Whoopie Pies are cooled assemble the sandwiches. Place about 1-2 tablespoons between two halves.
- Store uneaten pies in the fridge. Makes aprox. 15 complete Whoopie Pies.
If you don’t have a Whoopie Pie Pan check out these great deals. I love the Holiday shaped one! My suggestion is make sure you get a non-stick one!