Nothing beats a nice warm drink after a chilly night! It just warms you up and makes you feel better. This Hot Apple Cider is perfect for the Holidays. Mix some up and have it ready for Thanksgiving Dinner, after a snow ball fight or sledding and on Christmas morning! YUM! Serve in in these cute Jar Mugs, how cute are these?!
- 3-4 Quarts Apple Juice
- 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground Ginger
- 1 Orange ~ unpeeled, and cut into wedges
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp. Whole Cloves
- Small Square of Cheese Cloth or something similar
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and ginger in the cheese cloth and tie closed.
- Pour the juice into a slow cooker. Put in the orange wedges and cheese cloth bundle in the juice.
- Cover and simmer on low. It will be ready in about 3 hours but you can keep it in there for a few more hours if you like.