Tired of the same old same old for lunch? This cool crisp Mexican Salad recipe will cool you down on a hot summer day!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes and tips.
- 16 ounces torn Romaine lettuce
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Chili powder
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- Layer lettuce, beans and tomatoes in a trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Mix salsa and sour cream; spread over salad to seal.
- Sprinkle with cheese, avocado and onion.
- Refrigerate for three to four hours.
- Sprinkle with chips just before serving.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 273 Total Fat: 10g