As a busy mom, Easy Hobo Dinner is one of my favorite ways to cook! The mess is confined in pouches of foil and each person’s meal can be customized to just how they like it so that there should be no complaining at meal time! Super easy to put together and super easy to clean up! My family loves it too so it’s a win-win for all.
For this one I chose to make hamburger patties and use sliced sausages with sweet potatoes, corn and banana peppers. We were out of jalapenos but if I would have had some I would have added those to hubby’s foil pouch. I’ve also made these with mini corn on the cob’s, potatoes and made meat balls instead of hamburger patties. The options for this are literally endless!
If it’s too hot to turn the oven on this recipe can be grilled as well! Simply preheat your grill then grill for 30-40 minutes. Be sure to turn once halfway through cooking time and check the meat to make sure it’s done and the veggies are soft before serving.
When your packets are done cooking you can either eat right out of the packets or dump it all on a plate. Be sure to give this easy meal a try this summer!
- Ground beef
- Beef sausage, sliced
- Potatoes or sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- Can corn, drained
- Banana peppers or jalapenos
- Seasonings of your choice
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 and place your sheets of foil nearby. Spray each with a little cooking spray.
- Form your ground beef into patties. Place one patty on each sheet of foil and sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice.
- Top with the thinly sliced potatoes and season.
- Add corn and any other vegetables of your choice then top with the banana peppers or jalapenos.
- Fold the foil around the food forming a pocket. If each person has different ingredients be sure to mark whose is whose with a marker.
- Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes.