Now that Thanksgiving is over it’s time to find creative ways to use all the leftovers! I feel like I’ve spent that last few days in the kitchen! But it was worth it. This was the first year that I had an actual roasting pan! All the other years I’ve made do with a 13 x9 ( which I do not suggest!! lol) and the cheap foil pans. Not this year! Good Cook let me “cook and tell” with some of their products. The 12 x17 Roasting Pan was great. It made roasting my bird so much easier and it cleaned up easy too!
I’m sure the last thing you want to do is spend even more time in the kitchen! Here’s a great recipe to use up some of those leftovers. I came up with this great recipe that’s a fun spin on the traditional boring turkey sandwich. It uses leftover turkey, rolls, celery (because I always have extra celery in the fridge!), apples and nuts!
- 3-4 cups turkey, shredded and/or chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup apples, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, almond slivers or walnut ( depends on your taste and what you have!)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bun or on a bed of greens.