Instant Pot Steak Fajitas are a great go-to meal that will be on the table in no time!
We absolutely love steak fajitas around here! It’s a nice change up from taco night, and is a great way to get our veggies in. See below how you can make this in your Instant Pot!
I love that this recipe only uses spices, veggies, and steak. So no worrying about what all is in the mix! If you are following a Keto diet, leave off the tortilla shell and just have a fajita bowl! Add some extra cheese and you have a super easy, low carb dish.
To start, just saute your steak in thin strips in the Instant Pot. I like to stay with 1/2-1″ Strips. Flank steak, fajita cut packs from your grocer’s butcher, and even tenderized sirloins can work well for this dish.
After you saute the meat, set aside add your beef broth. You will want to scrape all the meat bits off the pan, so the flavoring of the steak mixes with the sauce. You will then add the steak, seasonings, and veggies right back into the Instant Pot and set for 8 minutes. So easy!
This dish is very versatile, since you can go with green or red bell peppers, or even small sweet peppers if that’s what you have on hand.
While the Instant Pot is cooking you can prepare toppings. We love Mexican blend cheese, sour cream, lettuce, avocado, and salsa with our fajitas.
Of course, kids love tortilla chips and Rotel dip! I usually just like to set out all my fresh toppings on a large cutting board, beside the sour cream, making our own “fajita bar”.
Enjoy this as a fajita bowl, with rice or tortillas. Find the recipe below and make this easy recipe this week!
Let us know what you think of these Instant Pot Steak Fajitas!
- 2-3 lbs Flank Steak, Or London Broil, Sliced into 1" strips
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 3 Bell Peppers, seeded and sliced, preferred colors/types
- 1 ½ cups Beef broth
- ¼ teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, optional
- Set pressure cooker to saute and heat until “hot.” Add olive oil and sliced steak in small batches to brown on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour beef broth into pressure cooker and scrape the bottom with a flat edge spoon.
- Add steak, seasonings and vegetables together into slow cooker. Stir.
- Close and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook for 8 minutes. Naturally release for 5 minutes before a quick release.
- Serve alone, with tortillas, or over rice.
Cooking time is reflected with additional 10 minutes of time allowed for Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
More Instant Pot Accessories:
- Accessory Bundle Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 9-in Tempered Glass Lid
- Stackable Egg Steamer Trivet Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- Springform Pan Compatible with 6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 3-in-1 Steamer Basket
- Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles
- Bundt Pan and Cheesecake Pan Combo with Trivet/Handles
Want to submit a recipe to be featured? Here are some tips on how to get featured.
- Try to use good lighting, we know it won’t be perfect but taking your photo out side on a solid back drop helps. Wood looks amazing by the way.
- Using a solid white plate can help your recipe pop.
- Take several different shots. Including a few step by step photos or one of all the ingredients together or even if you are doing a dessert such a cheesecake trying also taking a photo of a slice by itself.
- Email your photos and complete recipe including directions and ingredients to: [email protected] (not all recipes submitted will be featured)
JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
This Instant Pot Meat Cheat Sheet for Cooking Meat will help you take the guesswork- and Googling- out of your Instant Pot Cooking!
Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowl is a family friendly dinner option that will have everyone getting their veggies!
Need to use up those strawberries?? Make this Instant Pot Strawberry Jelly you can enjoy so many ways!
Instant Pot Potato Salad will be on your holiday (and summer) menu regularly! Such a great short-cut to homemade potato salad!