When I was in college I lived by a simple motto..K.I.S.S. Which stands for Keep It Simple Stupid! I often find that I try to over do things and more then likely with end in disappointment. That's why I loved this recipe for Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes!
If I have said it once, I have said it a million times. I love my slow cooker! These mashed potatoes seem fancy, like you slaved all day making them. But through the magic of a slow cooker it takes minimal effort!
Right now my family's schedule is very hectic. I am busy running kids all over town but we still need to eat! My husband is a “meat and potatoes” kind of guy, it's the way he was raised. These mashed potatoes got a thumbs up from him! He had no idea that I had made them in the slow cooker. They were the perfect side dish to my famous meat loaf and it was so nice I was able to have them cooking while I was busy.
Keep things simple and put these Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes on the menu this week. It will definitely be a recipe you use over and over!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed (you don't need to peel them)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream (or you can also use plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- Add potatoes to a lightly greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low or 5-6 hours on low.
- When potatoes are cooked and fork-tender, add all remaining ingredients (let the butter melt for a couple of minutes). Use a hand mixer or a masher to mash the potatoes. Serve warm.
Check Out These Delicious Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Potatoes with Rosemary
- Queen Mum’s Sweet Baked Beans Recipe
- French Onion Mac & Cheese
- Homemade Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Candied Carrots
- Slow Cooker Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Broccoli
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Canned Green Beans with Bacon
- Cheesy Campfire Potatoes
- Green Beans, Potatoes and Sausage
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment with your star rating below. I would like to know how it turned out for you and what changes can be made in future batches!
More Homesteading Recipes:
- Canning Peaches with Honey
- Canning Tomato Sauce Pressure Cooker Instructions
- Pico de gallo Canning Recipe
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jelly
- How to Freeze in Mason Jars
How I Earn Free Gifts Cards:
Your're probably thinking yeah right, there is no way I can earn free gift cards. That's ok I was skeptic too, til my mom was like no this works! I mean who is going to tell mom she is wrong?
So basically all you need to do is download the Fetch Rewards app and enter the code: EF9PC and scan any grocery, hardware store, pet store or gas receipt within 7 days and you will get a bonus of 2,000 points. Grocery receipts can be up to 14 days old. You will get points for every receipt you scan and bonus points for certain brands. Then you can redeem those points for FREE gift cards like Amazon, Walmart, CVS and many more! As you can see I have enough points in my account right now to redeem for a FREE $50 gift card!