It’s camping season! My idea of camping is a cozy cabin with plumbing…but I love cooking over a fire! There’s something about sitting around a campfire that brings a family together like nothing else. These campfire eclairs are a great treat to bring. Smores are a classic but these eclairs give them a run for their money! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook as well for more recipes!
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Snack pack pudding (we used vanilla, chocolate, and chocolate caramel)
- Chocolate frosting
- Find a stick that's about 1/2-3/4 of a inch and wrap the end in foil. I used a 2 prong roasting stick and wrapped the end in foil. DO NOT SPRAY WITH OIL! I did this with the first batch and they fell off into the fire! Wrap one crescent roll around the foil covered stick.
- Cook over hot coals until golden brown and not brown. Try to resist the urge to put it over the flames! It takes some time to cook but it's worth it!
- Remove from heat and let cool before sliding it off the stick.
- In the meantime take the pudding and put it into a sandwich bag and snip off a bottom corner. Once it's cooled down pipe the pudding into the eclair. Spread icing on top.
A special thanks to my friend, Chef Marcie, for making these when we were camping! Don’t they look yummy!!