How do you make Lil’ Smokies better? Wrap them in Bacon, for starters! See this easy and fun appetizer recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies with Brown Sugar (Also Known as Crack Weenies)
These Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar don’t last in our house. My mother-in-law makes these just about every holiday as an appetizer and they are a huge hit.
I’ve seen similar recipes with rave reviews–which go by the name Crack Weenies. Who names these things?? Anyway, they are sweet and salty, and qualify to me as snacking perfection!
If you are thinking about a snack table for church, or an event but want to make sure the snacks are individual (no serving utensils) to help with distancing, this is a good option. Just put a toothpick through each individual snack, and there’s no tongs or serving forks and spoons to worry about.
Find Lil’ Smokies at Your Grocery Store– Frugal Appetizer Option!
With recent events I am glad to share more frugal options for appetizers and meals these days. A lot of us are focusing on budgeting and making smart purchases– especially when it comes to food.
We love special occasion meals, but sometimes you just need a recipe that will come in at just a few dollars. In Oklahoma where we are located, we can find a pack of Lil’ Smokies on sale frequently for anbout $3 or under. You can also freeze these for later if you find a great deal on them. They are packed in thick plastic so I just leave them sealed and toss in the freezer.
They would even be great for any party for football game snack. The combination of sweet and savory in these Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar will have your mouth watering because everything is better with bacon right?
Print Your Recipe Here!
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) Hillshire Farm® Lit'l Smokies®
- 1 pkg. of your favorite Sliced Bacon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- (You can also add 1/2 cup honey if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each bacon slice into 3-4 pieces. Then wrap each smokie with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking pan.Then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until bacon is turns brown and brown sugar melts and forms a sauce.
- You can also garnish with pineapple or add pinneapple to the flavoring.
What is your favorite way to make little smokies. Be sure and Pin our Recipe!
See more great appetizer ideas below!
These Parmesan Bacon Wrapped Ritz Crackers are so good and with only 3 ingredients they are very easy to make.
- Homeland Grocery Matchups 6/29 – 7/5
- Target School Supplies Sale | As Low as 35¢
- Coke & Sprite 12 Pack Soda Only $2.99!
- Show Your Patriotism at Krispy Kreme & Get ANY Doughnut FREE!
- Easy Patriotic Popcorn
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)