I have been feeling under the weather lately and so I hadn’t had a chance to go grocery shopping in a while. So I scoured my stockpile that I got from my coupon shopping to see what I could make for dinner. Surprisingly i was able to make this Crock Pot Garlic Honey Chicken recipe from all the ingredients I had in my stockpile and didn’t have to purchase any extra ingredients. The kids loved it. I put it in the crockpot about 10am and cooked in on low for around 5 hours. I actually had chicken tenderloins on hand but you can use chicken breasts.
This was one of those recipes that was hard to take a good photo of because of the ingredients but it sure was good!
- 2-4 Chicken breasts or 6-8 chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves smashed or 2 1/2 minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Place a crockpot bag in your slow cooker
- Place chicken in the bottom and pour all of the ingredients in
- Cook on low for around 5-6 hours stir after 2 hours