See 10 Frugal Valentine’s Day Date Ideas for this year!
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be an expensive, over-the-top occasion filled with glitz and glamour. In fact, some of the best dates are simple dates. One of my most memorable Valentine’s dates with my hubby was one where we dropped the kids off with the sitter then picked up some food and dessert and took it back home to watch movies in the quiet comfort of our home.
I know a lot of people feel pressure to pull off a huge, impressive surprise for their dates (and that’s okay, too!). If you want to go the simple route, see below!
10 Frugal Valentine’s Day date ideas
- Cook together. Find a new recipe or one you’ve wanted to try for awhile and spend some time in the kitchen. A dessert is always a great choice. It can be fun and romantic and also save you a lot of money. You can find a healthier recipe like these Keto Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Movie night. Pick out a couple romantic movies and pick up at your Redbox Kiosk! Stock up on candy and your favorite candies, grab a blanket, light the candles and cuddle up on the couch. If it’s nice outside you could even play a movie on your laptop and take it outside under the stars! If movies aren’t your thing, see my husband’s post here for more ideas for Winter Date Nights!
- Explore your city. Take this opportunity to walk around downtown and explore parts of the city you’ve never been to. Check out the new coffee shop or library. Who knows, you may find your new favorite date spot!
- If the weather’s nice, pack a picnic and go for a hike! Hold hands, talk and take breaks to sit and enjoy the beautiful views together. See our road Trip to Sulphur and Davis Oklahoma!
- Volunteer somewhere. Spend the day at a local shelter or animal sanctuary and serve others. You’ll leave feeling fulfilled and happier than when you arrived. Such a great thing to do as a couple!
- Try something new. Be brave and sing karaoke, go bowling, ice skating or indoor skydiving. Sometimes, doing something fun with your date is more romantic than just taking them somewhere to eat.
- Spa day. Take the time to pamper each other with a massage or pedicure. Light the candles and turn on the background music to set the mood. Essential oils mixed with massage oil will help moisturize the skin and aid in relaxation.
- Get in the car and drive. Have no plan or destination, just go down roads you’ve never been on. See where they take you. You could find a cool hole-in-the wall restaurant or a romantic parking spot. Spend the day exploring new places!
- Write a letter. Take the time to put your feelings down on paper. This is a gift that your sweetheart will treasure forever and one that will last a lifetime. See my 14 Days of Valentines Here!
- Take a dance class or look up a workout class at your local gym! Who knows, this can become a regular thing!