This year I made the New Years resolution to get in shape and shed a few pounds. I can tell you the first week was not easy at all. With help from Princess Rachel I toughed out and I feel like I'm on the road to a new me. If you have made the decision to get fit here are 5 tips to a healthier new you. If you haven't I encourage you to give it a try.
- Join a Free website online for support. I use MyFitnessPal.com. It's great for logging your calories and tracking your exercise. We started our on Consumer Queen support group on there and they even have an app on your phone that will let you scan the upc codes from the things you eat.
- Cut out the soda. I am proud to say I am on my 10th day of no soda. Water is the best but if you are like me and cant drink water all the time look for a no calorie drink that doesn't have any artificial sweeteners etc. I have been using SOBE Life Water which also gives me electrolytes when I work out. You can also change it up by using Sparkling water with a hint of lime and mint.
- Grab a buddy and Join a gym. You don't have to join an expensive gym that has a lot of fancy extras. Princess Rachel and I have Joined Fitness 19 in Edmond. It's only $10 a month and $19 a year(annual fee). Even if you go once a week it's worth it. Working out together we can motivate each other and keep each other accountable. ( all Gyms have a 1 time enrollment fee but if you say Consumer Queen sent you they will wave the $99 Enrollment fee and give you a 1 day FREE PASS) (Edmond Location Only, you can call your location and ask if they will give you the same deal with my name) Did I mention Princess Rachel already lost 27 pounds?
- If your counting calories don't deprive yourself from your favorite foods. Just eat them in moderation. Instead of having a regular sized Butterfinger bar grab a fun size bar.
- Make sure you are eating 3 meals a day and a snack in between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner. This will help activate your metabolism.
- The muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your body need to move around and be worked for them to stay healthy. For areas like your legs, going on walks or doing other exercise is enough, but areas like your neck can end up feeling worse for wear when you don’t give them enough movement. A neck stretch routine should be easy to adopt, and this can make you feel much better in day-to-day life.