Homemade cleaners can save you lots of money and you KNOW what goes into them. So not only will your budget get a boost but you'll make things safer for your family and your pets!
(always test homemade cleaners in a small area before use and use with caution)
Checkout these three homemade cleaners for floors and carpets:
Floor Cleaner (Used for vinyl-type floors)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 Gallon of Water
Instructions: Pour ingredients into a bucket and mix.
Wood Floor cleaner
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 Gallon of Water
- 1/8 cup of Real Lemon brand, lemon juice OR a few drops of Young Living pure lemon oil (optional)
Instructions: Mix together in a bucket. Make sure the mop does not get overly wet. Dip your mop and wring it out until almost dry. DO NOT put the cleaner directly on the floor. Dry any wet spots on the floor with a clean towel as you go.
Wood Furniture Polish:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- tablespoon of Real Lemon brand, lemon juice 10 drops Young Living essential oils (orange, lime or lemon)
- 8 oz. glass spray bottle (if you use oils) or plastic
Instructions: If using oils put that into spray bottle first, then add other ingredients and mix well. Shake well before each use. Apply to a microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean. Repeat every 2-3 months or as often as needed.
Homemade Floor Cleaner for Mopping
- 1 gallon of warm water
- 1 cup of white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup of 70% rubbing alcohol
- ¼ teaspoon of Dawn dish soap
- 20 drops of your favorite essential oils
Instructions: Mix all the ingredients in a mop bucket and add them to your mop’s reservoir tank or a spray bottle. ( I like to use a refillable mop) Dampen your mop head with the solution and mop your floors—no need to rinse afterward. Use this on linoleum, porcelain tile, laminate, ceramic tile, and sealed hardwood floors. Avoid using this cleaner on natural stone like marble or slate, and don’t use this on any unfinished wood.
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Borax
- 1 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
Instructions: Mix salt, borax and vinegar in bucket. Add boiling water and dissolve the other ingredients. After mixing, add more water (room temperature) to bucket to equal a gallon of solution. Solution can be sprayed on carpet or used in a steam cleaner.
These are safe ways to clean your home! If you have any homemade recipes, please share them with us!
Check Out More of Our Natural Homemade Products
- Homemade Non Toxic Laundry Detergent
- Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- Homemade Dishwashing Detergent
- Toothpaste Hack for Bathroom Organization: Keep it Neat and Clean
- Homemade Laundry Scent Boosters
- 10 Ways To Clean With Baking Soda
- Homemade Face Mask Sprays
- Homemade Bathtub Cleaner
- DIY Car Air Freshener
- Make Your Own Streak Free Glass Cleaner
- 5 Easy Homemade Household Cleaners
- DIY Cleaning Wipes
- DIY Dry Shampoo With Essential Oils