How to Unclog Your Drains… see this simple DIY using household ingredients!
Last week we talked about 10 ways to clean with baking soda. If you missed it be sure to click HERE to check it out. Who wouldn't want to know how to clean their home cheaper without all those harmful chemicals?
Today I'm going to tell you how to unclog your drains and clean your disposal naturally. Most likely you already have all of the required ingredients on hand.
Admittedly, unclogging the drains is one of my least favorite cleaning jobs. I would put it off for as long as I possibly could before tackling that disgusting task. Who wants to reach in the drain and pull out all that gunk?
Not me! Here's how to unclog your drains before it becomes unmanageable. All you need is boiling water, baking soda and vinegar. Easy peasy! This will loosen the grime and rinse out it all away.
- Pour a pot of hot water down your drain.
- Pour in 1/2 c. of baking soda and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Mix 1 c. vinegar and 1 c. very hot water together then pour that down the drain.
- Cover the drain with a plug and walk away for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour another pot of hot water down the drain to flush it all out.
The same thing works for your garbage disposal. This will deodorize your disposal as well as dislodge any food hidden in the crevices.
- Pour hot water through the disposal while it's running.
- Pour in 1/4 c. baking soda and run the disposal for a couple seconds. Allow to sit for a 10-15 minutes.
- Pour in 1 c. vinegar and watch the bubbles do their work!
- Pour more hot water down the drain and run the disposal for 5-10 seconds.
Make sure to add these easy solutions to your cleaning rotation so your drains and disposal will stay clean and unclogged!
More from Consumer Queen:
Need to spruce up the bathroom? See this gorgeous DIY Bathroom Set using Mason Jars!