Ready for a homemade holiday gift? Try this DIY Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub.
I am a big fan of any kind of bath bombs, scrubs, bubble bath and soaps. With Daniel’s and disease he can sometimes take up to 3 baths a day just because he is in so much paid so I am always looking for something new for him. I found this great Sugar Scrub on Pintrest from Freutcake who gave me permission to repost here with link back.
I love the idea of putting each recipe in a small mason jar, as pictured above. You can decorate with Christmas ribbon and gift to a teacher, neighbor or friend.
If you’re gifting this item, I always suggest including a tag with a label and also directions for use. You can find decorative tags right here on Amazon.
Print this Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub recipe here:
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated/white sugar
- 2 cups Turbinado sugar, I use Sugar in the Raw
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract, or your favorite essential oil
- Combine the two sugars in a bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Add olive oil and stir.
- Mix in honey and vanilla. Store in an airtight jar and enjoy!
*This is a coarse scrub, if you would like a more gentle scrub you can substitute brown sugar for the Turbinado sugar.
* Always exfoliate before shaving to prevent irritation and achieve a better shave.
* You may add more olive oil to your jar after packing if you desire a different consistency.
* Oil will settle in the jar so stir before using.
* I do not recommend using this scrub on your face. It is intended for use on the body only.
*Remember, since this is a non-food item, keep away from children or commonly used ingredients to avoid confusion.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $37.31Was: $80.00
Check out my own DIY Sugar Scrubs:
This Cinnamon and Sugar Body Scrub is so easy to make and it makes a great personal gift for friends and family.
Creamsicle Lip Scrub Recipe- Great for Mother’s Day!
This homemade Lime and Mint Soak is so easy to make and fun to get!