Want a great homemade gift idea? This homemade Lime and Mint Soak is so easy to make and fun to get!
It would also be a fun item to make to use for a girl’s spa night, or just make it for yourself to enjoy! I tried it last night and it was awesome. I like wearing flip flips and cute sandals year round, but that habit isn’t exactly kind to my feet. Just mix the ingredients together and put it in a glass jar.
When you’re ready to use it, add about 1/3 cup to a basin of warm water, place your tired tootsies in and enjoy! The food coloring is completely optional and doesn’t make the soak perform any better, but it makes it pretty. I used a gel food coloring because I didn’t have liquid, and it created a cool speckled effect. Just keep in mind though, if you choose to use color, it will make your water green! Personally I liked it green, but the beauty of making your own things like this is that you can do it the way YOU want! The amount of essential oil is up to you too, but the first time I made the mix I used about five drops of peppermint and seven drops of lime and I thought it needed a bit more. It smelled great, but when I added it to water it was so diluted that I couldn’t smell it at all, so I’ve changed the recipe to 10 drops of peppermint and 15 of lime. After a good soak, use a pumice or foot file and rinse, then use some foot cream (get a great one here) and put on some warm fuzzy socks. Your feet will look and feel so amazing! I am very picky about what I use on my body so I always make sure that I am only using PURE Essential oils like Young Living.
Make sure you join our Organic & Natural Living Facebook Group!
- 2 Cups Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 15 drops lime essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Green food coloring gel, optional
- To make the foot soak, combine 2 cups of Epsom salts with 1/2 cup baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add about 10 drops of lime essential oil
- Add 15 drops of peppermint essential oil, and food coloring if using. ( I like to make mine without food coloring so that it's all natural)
- Stir with wooden spoon to mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a glass jar, and use within a few weeks.
- To use: add about 1/3 Cup to a basin of warm water and soak at least 10 minutes, then use a pumice or foot file and rinse. Towel dry and massage foot creme or lotion onto your feet.