With spring here and Mother's Day coming up, I wanted to share this great recipe for Creamsicle Lip Scrub!
This fun and bright scrub makes a wonderful gift, and enough to enjoy yourself too! See ingredients and recipe below.
To start, you will need to have regular white sugar, Coconut Oil (I prefer organic but any will work) and some Pure Vanilla Extract. I think most of us have these in the kitchen. The next ingredient is Vitamin E Oil (optional). This comes in various sizes and brands but make sure it doesn't include any other ingredients, scents or vitamins. If you prefer to leave it out, that's fine!
The essential oil gives the scrub a light orange color. If you prefer a darker orange, add a few drops of orange food gel and stir well till you achieve your desired color. You can use yellow+red, following your food coloring package directions if needed.
Next, mix sugar and coconut oil together, and add the sweet orange oil and vanilla extract. A whisk and small glass bowl are preferred. Finally, add the Vitamin E oil if you are including it, and any food coloring desired.
Finally, transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months. I love both types of glass jars pictured here, so you can select the jar that fits your style best. Find the attached lid jars here, and the smaller lip balm containers over here. Be sure not to use metal or aluminum containers, as this will react with the ingredients. 🙂
This recipe makes enough Creamsicle Lip Scrub to fill 2 small lip balm containers.
HOW TO USE
1. Wet lips with warm water and apply the Creamsicle Lip Scrub.
2. Gently rub your lips in a circular motion to allow the sugar granules to exfoliate and the coconut oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
4. Apply your favorite lip balm moisturizer.
1. Sugar is commonly used in body and lip scrubs as a natural skin exfoliant, while coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
2. Sweet orange essential oil, with its sweet, citrus scent, is widely known for its cleansing and invigorating properties.
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted if in solid form
- 5-6 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or flavoring
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil, optional
- 1-2 drops orange food gel, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and coconut oil together.
- Add the sweet orange essential oil and vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Optional: add the Vitamin E drops and mix well.
- Optional: The essential oil gives the scrub a light orange color. If you prefer a darker orange, add a few drops of orange food gel and stir well till you achieve your desired color.
- Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
Check out our other DIY Sugar Scrubs:
This Cinnamon and Sugar Body Scrub is so easy to make and it makes a great personal gift for friends and family.
If you are looking for a more personal gift or just want to pamper yourself , this Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub is so easy to make.
This DIY: Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.