This is a great recipe to have on hand when you need something that does not require a lot of extra time and effort. As a busy mom, these kinds of recipes are my favorite! Everything cooks in one dish (which means faster and easier clean-up) and it is so quick and simple to throw together. My kids love it too which is always a big perk!
Skillet Teriyaki Chicken And Rice is a colorful mix of chicken, rice and three different types of veggies and is a great alternative to chinese take-out as well! My favorite go-to skillet is my cast iron skillet but this would work with any large, deep skillet. Just make sure it is deep enough to hold all of the ingredients!
A fun variation of this recipe may be to add a can of crushed or chopped pineapple that has been drained. I haven’t tried it yet but it sounds really yummy to me! Be sure to print this handy recipe by clicking below!
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 c. uncooked white rice
- 3 1/3 c. water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 c. teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 c. carrots, chopped
- 1/3 c. peas
- 1 1/2 c. broccoli, chopped
- Teriyaki Sauce, to taste
- In a large skillet cook chicken in 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce until just white on the outside over medium heat. Do not cook through. Add all of the ingredients but the broccoli and extra teriyaki sauce and then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover again, and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes or until rice is cooked through and the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add extra teriyaki sauce if desired and serve.