This post was sponsored by Honest Turkey, my thoughts and opinions are my own!
I’m always on the lookout to find ways to make my favorite dishes healthier while keeping all the deliciousness! Since we love mexican food, enchiladas are always a favorite at our house! My first step with this Turkey Enchilada Bake was to beef it up (so to speak) with lean protein and fiber. For even more fiber consider using wheat tortillas, but my family just isn’t there yet. One day…
This time, I wanted to take things a step further than grocery store 90/10 ground round. So I did some exploring. I was surprised at what I learned when I looked into what the benefits of ground turkey were. I found that not only is ground turkey an amazing option, but Honest Turkey in particular, is pure, delicious turkey for even the most discerning shoppers. Like me!
When I can, I like to give my business to a company that supports the same things I do. Honest Turkey is also easy for me to find at the Walmart right in my neighborhood! If I’ve got to drive to a specialty shop then I’m probably not going to buy it as often as I would like, and I want to buy this. Often!
Topped with beautiful fresh roma tomatoes, avocados, a few tortilla strips for added crunch, and I always like a little chopped cilantro! So Good! I love the presentation when I use my casserole slow cooker too. I hope this is a recipe for your favorites box!
I love that Honeysuckle White is committed to giving consumers more choices to meet the needs of their family. Be sure you look for other products from Honeysuckle White and its sister brand, Shady Brook Farms.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1-2 cans of enchilada sauce 10oz
- 1 can of corn 15oz - DRAINED
- 1 can of black beans 15.50z - DRAINED
- 1 4 oz can green chili's 4oz
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese or taco flavored
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 lb of ground Honest Turkey
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 cup salsa
- can add additional black olives
- Cook Honest Ground Turkey in skillet
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, taco seasoning green chili and enchilada sauce. (olives you want)
- Spray slow cooker with coconut oil spray(or any cooking spray)
- Place 2 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker and the spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on top.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Repeat layering one more time.
- Tops with 2 tortilla's, enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 2-3.
- * Garnish with tomato, avocado and tortilla strips for crunch.