This Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe is Keto/Low Carb friendly and easy enough for a weeknight!
Please note: We do not follow a strict Keto diet. I may offer shortcuts and tips for those on a busy schedule.
Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
As many of you know, I am on the Keto Diet right now and am excited to explore recipes for main dishes. I feel like the meat and veggies can really take center stage with this main dish, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
These make a great weeknight dinner. Even kids should enjoy this recipe… who doesn’t like chicken and cheese?!
This recipe comes together pretty quick, with just prep for the meat itself, mixing up the filling, and then getting the dredge (or coating of eggs and breading) ready while the chicken chills in the refrigerator.
You can actually make this as a main dish if mom and dad are eating Keto and the kids want chicken and pasta… just make sides as desired! So even though this dish Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe is Keto-friendly, you can make it your own and really tailor it to your family’s taste. Note this recipes is so filling that we only eat 1/2 breast and that is why I put that it serves 6. If you don’t have a large family you will have plenty of leftovers.
Print Your Recipe Here
- 3 chicken breasts, large skinless boneless
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups spinach, raw
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, fresh
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, or fresh, pulsed in a food processor until fine
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil , for frying
- Combine cream cheese, spinach garlic, Parmesan, mozzarella, black pepper, nutmeg, and garlic salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Trim your chicken of fat, cover a cutting board with plastic wrap and cover chicken. Pound chicken with a meat mallet until it almost doubles in size and is thin. Be careful not to let it get too thin so that it breaks.
- Spoon 1/4 of Cream cheese mixture into each chicken cutlet, and roll chicken up around it. Squeeze closed and turn over. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Place cutlets seam side down in a flat dish and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is chilling, beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients for breading in separate bowl.
- Heat olive oil in medium saute pan.
- Dredge now-chilled chicken cutlets in eggs first, and then coat well with breading.
- Gently insert into hot saute pan, and cook until golden brown and crispy on all sides (should be less than 5 minutes per side)
- Transfer browned chicken into baking pan and into oven.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees.
- Serve with marinara sauce (optional)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 36g
My family started doing Keto in June of 2018. We chose to do Keto because my husband has Ankylosing Spondylitis and my son has horrible Psoriasis.